Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Apology and Promise

I know I haven't posted anything since May 9 (yikes!) and for that unannounced hiatus, I apologize. As an excuse of sorts, I must plead "happiness." I have come to realize that many of my essays derive from my unhappiness, disquiet, or just plain curmudgeoness. Lately those sources have been unavailable to me, as I am going through a period of unexpected happiness and contentment. A beautiful woman has come into my life and given me a great gift -- the knowledge that love, and all that goes with it, is still possible at my age, and that I am incredibly lucky to have found it. As a consequence, I will be attempting to write for a while about the amazing circumstances that brought us together, and what I am learning from the whole process. Of course, as always, you can count on all of what I write to be a combination of non-fiction autobiographic material, and wholly made-up stuff for purely entertainment purposes. It shouldn't really matter to you which is which because, no matter what, all of what I write is truth from my perspective. My promise is to do my best to be more regular with my posts.

But before I get started down that road, my first essay, which follows, is all about some particular trials and tribulations of mine as I took up the hobby of motorcycling. I wrote it a few years back, but I have had some recent requests for it, so here it is . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milt,

Finally, a few minutes to just sit and enjoy the blogs. Great stuff. I'm especially liking the Gelson's writeup (I'm actually afraid to go there without dressing up)

Regards,
BG

Janine said...

Okay, Milt, it's now 8/21/07. I think we're due for an update! Although, looking at my blog, you can't use me as an example.

jb

Anonymous said...

Milt, where have you kept yourself?

keep US updated.

Anonymous said...

Wha' happened to you?!?!?!? Are you alive?!?!?! We need to know!

(diet) Dr. Thunder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(diet) Dr. Thunder said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I check here almost daily in hopes of an update. Is there any cjhance you'll be back?

Anonymous said...

We all believe you got married to the love of your life and are not willing to share it with us... Just be brave man. we are all happy for you, even if it means we are "gaining" an new member.

(diet) Dr. Thunder said...

Any chance at all that you'll be back? This is my favorite blog ever...don't give up on it!